To benefit members, the Institution has joined certain associations and formed national and international alliances.
- Australian Council of Professions
The ACoP, representing 15 groups and 200,000 professionals. Raises issues of national importance: professional standards, higher education, limitation of professional liability and public interest
- National Building & Surveying Alliance
A collective of five associations offering financial, travel, telecommunications, accommodation, real estate and employment benefits.
- International Federation of Surveyors - FIG
From 1992 - 95 Australia managed the FIG Bureau, hosting the 1994 FIG Congress in Melbourne. Reciprocal agreements and co-operative ventures with individual national surveying associations.
The Institution is closely linked to surveying associations in its immediate region, cooperating on conferences, reciprocal membership arrangements, joint journals and professional issues.
- American Congress on Surveying & Mapping
The Institution President and CEO attended the ACSM Conference in Portland Oregon.
The ISA and ACSM will:
- recognise the other society as chief representative of the Land Surveyor’s profession in the country concerned,
- exchange at headquarters level, journals and literature and information on activities or interests of concern to Land Surveyors,
- extend the hospitality of its premises at headquarters and the use of its library,
- provide introductions, both social and professiona
- exchange local views and advice on professional matters
- advise on qualifications for membership of each society and on employment; and
- agree that no bilateral agreement between the two societies should bind, by implication, the societies of any other country.
- New Zealand Institute of Surveyors (NZIS).
Joint committee formed for conferences, journals and commissions. First joint conference – Newcastle, 1997.
- Reciprocal Membership Agreements
The Institution is building links to ASEAN surveying associations. A Reciprocity Agreement has been signed with the Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (SISV).
Members of each organisation can now apply to join the other.
ISA Text of agreement (PDF)
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF documents